Upscale restaurants in France 'go underground': some ministers accuse them of 'violating the restriction'

Upscale restaurants in France ‘go underground’: some ministers accuse them of ‘violating the restriction’


In Paris, the capital of France, it has been claimed that some ministers and deputies have pierced the new type of corona virus (Covid-19) restrictions by eating at illegally working luxury restaurants.

In the shots of the M6 ‚Äč‚Äčtelevision channel with a hidden camera, it was revealed that the luxury restaurants built underground in the heart of Paris served secretly with menus prepared by famous chefs.

In the images, it is seen that the waiters and customers are unmasked in restaurants that are supposed to provide only takeaway service due to the restrictions.

Also, one person says he’s had dinner with some ministers and lawmakers at several of these upscale restaurants this week.

It is stated that the menu prices in the mentioned restaurants reach 490 euros.

Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin stated on his Twitter account that he sent a request from the Paris Police Department to investigate the content of the news and, if confirmed, prosecution of the owners and customers of these restaurants.

Paris Police Department opened an investigation into the allegations.

PRESS HIDDEN PARTIES

On the other hand, the underground party in the Aix-en-Provence region, with about 150 attendees, was raided by the gendarmerie.

After many vehicles gathered around an unused building in the city of Fuveau, the gendarmerie raided the unused hangar yesterday evening, following the notice of the residents of the region.

Approximately 150 people in the hangar were sentenced to violate the restrictions during the raid.

The Paris Police Department also raided those who had a barbecue party in the suburb of Saint-Denis.

Stating that there were at least 80 people in the party, the police said that the barbecue equipment was confiscated.

The Ministry of Interior banned more than 6 people from gathering across the country in the restriction rules announced at the end of March.

In Marseille, police fined 23 people for failing to show a document allowing them to exercise in a raid on sports halls.

Police forces also warned the relevant people at 2 gyms for not fully complying with Covid-19 restrictions.

A gymnasium that had been warned before was closed for 15 days for the same reason.

According to the new measures announced by the President of France, Emmanuel Macron, the curfew restrictions, which were previously imposed for 19 regions, started to be applied across the country for 4 weeks as of April 3. A curfew was also imposed across the country between 19.00-06.00.

While people were allowed to travel only around 10 kilometers from their homes, intercity travels were banned after April 5th.

A decision was taken to close it for those other than businesses selling basic necessities across the country.

Kindergartens, kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools and high schools were closed for 3 weeks as of April 5th.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *